|Title:||Bill of Materials|
Creates and maintains timely, accurate BOM’s and associated records in support of manufacturing, warranty and finance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to organizational effectiveness and productivity by acting and communicating in a manner such that good relationships are maintained with co-workers, management, customers and others.
- Collects data on materials being used in the manufacture of products. Assigns identifying numbers and descriptions to aid in identification and creates appropriate inventory segments.
- Obtains information for bills of material construction from various sources such as engineering drawings, specifications, physical line audits, and user input.
- Creates all single level bills of material and subassemblies to properly define products.
- Working from engineering change notices, line audits, and user feedback continually maintains accuracy of the bills of material.
- Interfaces with user group to provide and obtain bills of material information.
- Performs proper testing and report reviews to insure a high level of accuracy prior to release.
- Interacts with appropriate areas within, and at times outside, assigned operational areas to achieve company, operations, product development and quality goals and objectives.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires 5 to 7 years related experience and knowledge equivalent to high school plus additional broad specialized training equal to two years of college. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of BOM construction, the ability to work from prints and sketches, strong analytical and quantitative skills, and related knowledge of MRP.